07 Nov Eating Right Is A Vital Key To Your Overall Well-Being
This month we feature the importance of eating healthy food and how what you eat can affect your sexual performance. Eating foods that are rich in nutrients and low in fats, will keep your “sexual” system in good working order. Strive for plenty of fruits and vegetables, lean cuts of meat, whole grains and low-fat milk.
Some of the keys to a healthy diet include:
- Consuming a variety of foods that are rich in nutrients and low in fats.
- Keep an eye on portions as serving sizes have ballooned in recent years.
- Eat plenty of produce (fruit and vegetables) as the nutrients, fiber and other compounds in these foods may help to protect against certain illnesses and diseases.
- Eat more whole grains
- Limit refined grains or added sugar, as these are sources of empty calories that contribute to weight gain.
- Enjoy more fish and nuts – including unsaturated fats such as avocados and vegetable oils, despite being high in calories, they tend not to promote weight gain because they are satisfying.
- Eat lean cuts of meat, but ensure you limit your intake as saturated fats (especially from red meat) can increase your LDL (“bad”) cholesterol.
- Reduce trans fats as they raise your LDL level and reduce HDL (“good”) cholesterol
Vegetables are an essential
food items in every balanced diet.
We hope the above gives you some food for thought and contributes to your overall well-being and sexual health.